EGUG 2008 Presentations
The 2008 EGUG Presentations is a compilation of professional papers delivered October 1923, 2008, in Indian Wells, California. Esri users contributed a fundamental part to the conference by submitting and presenting their presentations on a diverse collection of GIS applications. The proceeds promote GIS application by stimulating users to share their experiences and knowledge.
Esri is pleased to provide links to presentations from the 2008 EGUG meeting. Please note that copyright is maintained by authors. Copyright owners have given Esri permission to publish their papers on this Web site. To re-publish any content please contact the copyright owner directly.
EGUG presentations are in Portable Document Format (PDF). To view and print PDF files, you need to download the free Acrobat Reader from Adobe.
New Attendee Orientation, Sunday, October 19, 2008
Plenary Sessions, Monday, October 20, 2008
Esri Presentations, Tuesday, October 21, 2008
User Presentations, Tuesday, October 21, 2008
- Beyond As-Builts and Design [PDF]
Bonnie Sroka, DTE Energy
- Circuit Analysis [PDF]
Guillermo Barraza, Imperial Irrigation District
- The Effective GIS Help Desk [PDF]
John Dirkman, P.E., Telvent Miner & Miner
- Implementing a Mains Replacement Strategy [PDF]
Brett Beaver P.E., Advantica
- Implementing a Risk Based Decision Solution [PDF]
Tom Pendergast, Philadelphia Gas Works
Brett Beaver P.E., Advantica
- Monitoring Threats: Are Your Leaks Attached to Your Pipes? [PDF]
Tony Sileo, Opvantek, Inc.
Cindi Salas, CenterPoint Energy
Esri Presentations, Wednesday, October 22, 2008
User Presentations, Wednesday, October 22, 2008
- Advances in Data Collection and Maintenance with ArcGIS Engine and Server [PDF]
Steve Johnston, Davey Resource Group
Chris Kelley, Clearion Software
- An Integrated Distribution Management
System at Alabama Power Company with Esri GIS Sourced Asset Model [PDF]
Bill Mintz, Alabama Power
Ethan Boardman, AREVA T&D Inc.
- Balancing Environmental Mandates and Fiscal Responsibilities with Geospatial Technology [PDF]
W. Erik Shepard, Enspiria Solutions, Inc.
- Enhancing ArcReader Funtionality with Custom Layers [PDF]
Mark Cederholm, UniSource Energy Services
- Esri, Microsoft and ESIntial: Spatially Enabled BI Technology [PDF]
Adam Tonkin, Enspiria Solutions
- EGUG 2009: Telvent Miner & Miner Opening Session [PDF]
- Electric Load Analysis for Substation Siting and Load Balancing [PDF]
David Hollema, United Power, Inc.
- Enterprise GIS as the Foundation for the Smart Grid [PDF]
Andrew Bennett, Telvent Miner & Miner
- Field Inventory: To Be or Not To Be [PDF]
Bill Wickersheim, Imperial Irrigation District
- Forecasting Capital Expenditures for Transmission Utilities [PDF]
Remi Myers and Kelly Clute, Georgia Power Company
- Get Your Game Face On: Extending Your GIS
to the Team [PDF]
Heather Siemens, Garland Power & Light
Skye Perry, SSP Innovations, LLC
- Happiest GIS on Earth: Anaheim’s Journey of Integration [PDF]
Jason Kornoff, City of Anaheim, CA
- How Henkels & McCoy and TC Technology Tamed the Picture Beast! [PDF]
Roland van Zanten, Henkels & McCoy, Inc.
- It’s Not CAD to GIS—It’s Design to As-Built [PDF]
Richard Chappell, APS
- Land Base & Finding Data [PDF]
Kacey Terry, Comanche Electric Coop
- Leak Management and Regulatory
Compliance at Long Beach [PDF]
Elaine Pettersen, Advantica; Michael Zukoski, City
of Long Beach Gas & Oil
- Mobile GIS Technology Helps Georgia Power Company Manage Rights-of-Way [PDF]
Dawson Ingram, Georgia Power Company
- QA/QC Strategies to Ensure Data Integrity [PDF]
Matt McCain, Laurel Hill GIS, Inc.
- The Roles of GIS in a Smart Grid [PDF]
Theo Laughner, Tennessee Valley Authority
Lee King, Electric Power Research Institute
Zhiming Dai, Electric Power Research Institute
- Severe Weather and the Impact on Utility Operations [PDF]
Dr. John Bosse, WeatherBug Professional
- Solving the BIG ProblemsLessons Learned at Georgia Power [PDF]
Rich Faglie, Georgia Power Company
Adam Tonkin, Enspiria Solutions, Inc.
- Spatial Accuracy… An Enterprise Approach for Utilities [PDF]
Darrell Rhodes, Tier 3, Inc.
- Speeding Up an Old Process Using GIS [PDF]
Stella Murdoch, PNM
- Successful Large Utility GIS Implementations [PDF]
John Dirkman, Telvent Miner & Miner
- Transmission Line Vegetation Mapping Using Mobile Computing Technology [PDF]
Jarrod Harper, Vermont Electric Power Co., Inc.
- Using Geoprocessing Models to Support New Reliability Measures [PDF]
Jeffrey Pires, National Grid, USA
- Where Are My Customers? Mapping a Customer Information System (CIS) [PDF]
John Little and Sean Hawley, Greenville Utilities
- Working Together for a Common GoalBusiness Unit and IT [PDF]
Mary Adams, Southern Company/Georgia Power
David Breland, Southern Company Services
Closing Session, Thursday, October 23, 2008